Faculty of Engineering
Emeritus Sir John Msh Distinguished Prof
- +61 3 990 56831
- Room 202B, Building 69, Clayton Campus
- 2014-current : Academic Vice President, China & India Research Institutes
- 2003-2013 : Dean, Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering, Monash University
- 1992-2003: Professor and Chairman
- 1987-1992: Reader
- 1982-1986: Senior Lecturer
- 1978-1980: Senior Teaching Fellow
- 1977-1978: Research Assistant
- 1981-1982: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA .
- Centenary Medal for service to Chemical Engineering
- ESSO award for significant contributions to Chemical Engineering
- G.P.Kane Chemical Weekly Distinguished Speakership award
- Fellow Australian Academy of Science
- Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering
- Fellow, Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers, Australia
- Australian Society Rheology (Past President)
- Co Editor, Korea-Australia Rheology Journal
- CHE4118: Chemical engineering research project
- L.Lei, R.G.Larson, T.Sridhar “Brownian dynamics simulations of dilute polystyrene solutions”, J.Rheol., 44, 291 (2000).
- T. Sridhar, "Overview of Project M1", J. non-Newt. Fluid Mech., 35, 85 (1990)
- Y.Wen, O.E.Potter and T.Sridhar, "Oxidation of cyclohexane in a continuous reactor", Chem. Eng. Sci., 52, 4593 (1997).
- P.K.Bhattacharjee,J.Oberhauser,G.H.Mckinley,L.G.Leal and T.Sridhar, “Extensional Rheology of Entangled Solutions”, Macromol, 35,10131-10148, (2002).
- S.M.Mahajani, M.M.Sharma and T.Sridhar “ Uncatalysed oxidation of Cyclohexene” Chem Eng Sci., 54, 3967 (1999).
- R.K.Gupta, D.A.Nguyen, T.Sridhar,“Extensional viscosity of dilute polystyrene solutions: Effect of concentration and molecular weight"” Physics of Fluids, 12, 1296 (2000).
- T.Sridhar “From rheometry to rheology”, Korea_Aust. Rheol. J., 12, 39(2000). A.K.Suresh, M.M.Sharma and T.Sridhar”, “Engineering aspects of liquid phase air oxidations of hydrocarbons”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 39, 3958-3997(2000).
- G.H.McKinley and T.Sridhar, “Filament stretching rheometer”, Ann. Rev. Fluid Mechanics, by invitation, 34, 375-415 (2002).
- N.V. Orr and T.Sridhar, "Stress relaxation in extensional flows ", J. non-Newt. Fluid Mech., 67, 77 (1996).
- A.K. Suresh, T. Sridhar and O.E. Potter, "Autocatalytic oxidation of cyclohexane - Modelling reaction kinetics", AIChEJ, 34, 69 (1988)
- X.Ye and T.Sridhar “Shear and Extensional properties of three-arm polystyrene solutions”, Macromol, 34, 8270 (2001)
- A.K. Suresh, T. Sridhar and O.E. Potter, "Catalysed oxidation of cyclohexane in the liquid phase", AIChEJ, 36, 137 (1990)
- T.Sridhar, D. A.Nguyen, and G.G.Fuller “Birefringence and stress in uniaxial extension of polymer solutions” , J. Non-Newt. fluid Mechanics, 90, 299 (2000).
- A.K. Suresh, T. Sridhar and O.E. Potter, "Mass transfer and solubility in autocatalytic oxidation of cyclohexane", AIChEJ, 34, 55 (1988)
- T. Sridhar, V. Tirtaatmadja, D.A. Nguyen and R.K. Gupta, "Measurement of extensional viscosity of polymer solutions", J. non-Newt. Fluid Mech., 40, 270 (1991)
- T. Sridhar, V. Tirtaatmadja, D.A. Nguyen and R.K. Gupta, "Measurement of Extensional Viscosity of Polymer Solutions", J. non-Newt. Fluid Mech. 40, 270, (1991)
- S.M.Mahajani, M.M.Sharma and T.Sridhar, “Extractive hydration of n-Butene with solid acid catalysts in liquid phase and under supercritical conditions”, Chem Eng Sci., 56, 5625 (2001).
- J. Remmelgas, L. Gary Leal, N.V. Orr and T. Sridhar, "Viscous and Elastic Stresses in Extensional Rheometry", J. Non-Newt. Fluid Mechanics, 76,111 (1998).
- N.V. Orr and T. Sridhar, “Probing the dynamics of polymer solutions in extensional flow by step strain rate experiments “J. Non-Newt. fluid Mechanics, 82, 203-232 (1999).
- X. Ye, R. G. Larson, C. Pattamaprom and T. Sridhar, “Extensional properties of monodisperse and bidisperse polystyrene solutions”, J. Rheol, 47,443-468, (2003).
- S. L. Anna, G.H.McKinley, D.A. Nguyen, T.Sridhar, S.J. Muller, J.Huang, and D.F.James “An interlaboratory comparison of measurements from filament-stretching rheometers using common test fluids” J.Rheol. 45, 83-114(2001).
- A.K. Suresh, T. Sridhar and O.E. Potter, Mass Transfer and Chemical Reaction - Autocatalytic Oxidation of Cyclohexane", AIChEJ, 34, 81 (1988)
- R.K. Gupta and T. Sridhar, "Extensional Rheometers", Chapter 8 in "Rheological Measurements", D. Clegg and A.A. Collyer (Eds.), Elsevier Applied Science (1988)
- S.M.Mahajani, M.M.Sharma and T.Sridhar, “Direct hydration of propylene in the liquid phase and under supercritical conditions in the presence of a solid acid catalyst”, Chem Eng Sci., 55, 4877 (2002).
- H. Zhang, S.M.Mahajani, M.M.Sharma and T.Sridhar, “Hydration of cyclohexene with solid acid catalysts”, Chem Eng Sci., 57, 315 (2002).
- P.K.Bhattacharjee, D.A.Nguyen, G.H.Mckinley and T.Sridhar, “Extensional stress growth and stress relaxation in entangled polymer solutions”, J.Rheol, 47,269-290 (2003).
- Y.W. Ooi and T. Sridhar, "Uniaxial Extension of a Lyotropic Liquid Crystalline Polymer Solution", Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 33, 2368-2373 (1994)
- A.K. Suresh, T. Sridhar and O.E. Potter, "Rate oscillations in cyclohexane oxidation", AIChEJ, 37, 1242 (1991)
- D.F. James and T. Sridhar, "Molecular Conformation during Steady-State Measurements of Extensional Viscosity", J. Rheology, 39:4 713-724 (1995)
- V. Tirtaatmadja and T. Sridhar, "Modelling of the extensional viscosity of polymer solutions", J. Rheol., 39,1133 (1995).
- D.F.James and T.Sridhar, "Molecular conformation during steady state measurements of extensional viscosity", J.Rheol.,39,1081 (1995).
- V. Tirtaatmadja and T. Sridhar, "A filament stretching device for measurement of extensional viscosity", J. Rheol. 37 , 1081 (1993).
- Y.W. Ooi and T. Sridhar, "Extensional rheometry of fluid S1", J. of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 52, 153-162 (1994)
- D.A.Nguyen and T.Sridhar, "Solvent effects in the carbonylation of methanol", Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 35,3044 (1996).
- Gas liquid reactions: Studying the effect of mass transfer on chemical reaction especially at high pressures and temperatures in organic oxidations.
- Polymer rheology: Measurement of extensional viscosity of polymer solutions and analysis of the behaviour of macromolecules in this flow field.