Department of Civil Engineering
- +61 3 990 50611
- Room G73, Building 37, Clayton Campus
- BSc, MSc, PhD
- CIV5303: Quantitative Methods
- ENG1020: Engineering Structures
- CIV2282: Transport and Traffic Engineering
- CIV3204: Engineering Investigation
- CIV3205: Project Management
- CIV3283: Road Engineering
- Journal Publications:
- Amir Sobhani, William Young, David Logan, and Sareh Bahrololoom. (2011) "A Kinetic Energy Model of Two Vehicle Crash Injury Severity." Accident Analysis and Prevention, Volume 43, Issue 3, PP.741-754.
- Amir Sobhani, William Young and Majid Sarvi. (2012) "A Simulation Based Approach to Assess the Safety Performance of Road Locations" Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies (In Press)
- Conference Publications:
- Amir Sobhani, William Young, Majid Sarvi and Sareh Bahrololoom, "Calculating Time-To-Collision for Analysing Right Turning Behaviour at Signalised Intersections", Proceedings of 35th Australasian Transport Research Forum (ATRF 2012), Perth, Australia, 26-28 September 2012.
- Amir Sobhani, William Young, Majid Sarvi and Sareh Bahrololoom, "Assessing safety performance of intersections using a simulation based road safety index", WCTR 2013, Rio, Brazil.
- Amir Sobhani, William Young and David Logan. "Exploring the relationship of conflict characteristics and consequent crash severity". Proceedings of 34th Australasian Transport Research Forum (ATRF 2011), Adelaide, Australia, 28-30 September 2011.
- Meeghat Habibian, Mahmoud Mesbah and Amir Sobhani. "Ranking of hazardous road locations in two-lane two-way rural roads with no crash record". Proceedings of 34th Australasian Transport Research Forum (ATRF 2011), Adelaide, Australia, 28-30 September 2011.
- Amir Sobhani, William Young and Majid Sarvi. " A simulation based approach to assess the safety performance of road locations". Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Road Safety and Simulatoin (RSS 2011), Indianapolis, USA, 14-16 September 2011.
- Amir Sobhani, David Logan, William Young and Sareh Bahrololoom. "Towards a microscopic approach for modeling the traffic safety of intersections". Proceedings of 22nd Australian Road Research Board Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 12-15 October 2010.
- Amir Sobhani, William Young, David Logan, Jeffery Archer and Majid Sarvi. "Modeling the safety of intersections". Proceedings of 15th International Conference of Road Safety on Four Continents, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 28-30 March 2010.
- Esmaeel Ayati, Amir Sobhani, H.R Attaran Kakhki and Hadi Jabbari Noghabi, " The role of HV drivers' fatigue and drowsiness in causation of traffic incidents in Iran". 13th International Conference of the Hong-Kong-Society-for-Transportation-Studies, DEC 13-15, 2008 Hong Kong, PEOPLES R CHINA Source: TRANSPORTATION AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCE Pages: 645-652 Published: 2008.
- M. Saeedian Tabasi and Amir Sobhani, "GIS Based Analyses for Hazardous Materials Route Finding", Proceedings of 7th international congress of Civil Engineering, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, IRAN, 2006.
- Amir Sobhani, Mohammad Reza Ahadi and Esmaeel Ayati, "Calulating Road Accident Costs in Developing Countries", Proceedings of the 1st International Conference of Traffic Safety, Tehran University, Tehran, IRAN, 2005.
- M. Saeedian Tabasi and Amir Sobhani, "Using Genetic Algorithm and GIS for Hazardous Materials Route Finding", Presented at GIS and Geodesy Sciences Conference in National Cartography Center, Tehran, IRAN, 2004.
- Conference Presentations:
- Amir Sobhani, William Young and David Logan. "SACH theory: A novel approach for safety evaluation". Accepted for oral presentation in the 10th National Conference of Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion, Brisbane, Australia, 2-4 November 2011.
- Invited Presentations:
- Amir Sobhani. "A theoretical approach to model the safety performance of intersections". Transport Research Postgraduate Presentations, AITPM Technical Forum, Department of Transport, Melbourne, 22nd June 2010.
- Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies
- Transportmetrica B: Transport Dynamics
- Modelling and Simulation in Engineering
- 13th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- 3rd International Conference of Road Safety and Simulation (RSS 2011)
- 4th International Conference of Road Safety and Simulation (RSS 2013)
- 20th International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory (ISTTT20)
- 13th World Congress on Transport Research (WCTR 2013)
- Transport Safety
- Human Behaviour Modeling
- Transport Optimization