Skip to content | Change text size
Future Students

How to apply

Domestic (Australian) and onshore international students

Apply through VTAC

If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or you are an international student studying an Australian Year 12 or IB in Australia or New Zealand, apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admission Centre (VTAC).



Please check that you meet the prerequisites for your chosen course before submitting your application. Prerequisite details for each course can be found in the admissions table in the course guide beginning on page 30.


For more information, and to apply for scholarships, visit


To estimate your course fees, visit

Commonwealth Supported Places

Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and permanent humanitarian visa holders are eligible to apply for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).



Loan options for eligible applicants.


International students

International students should apply directly to Monash University and must have completed an equivalent qualification to the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and the prerequisite subjects or equivalent.

For more information visit


Fees for each course can be found at

Postgraduate students

Initial enquiries about admission to postgraduate coursework and research programs should be made to the Engineering Faculty

Coursework programs

Local students

Download application form (pdf, 136kb)

International students

Apply direct to Monash University.

Research - PhD or Masters

The application process

Offcampus learning

Engineering courses and how to apply

Credit for previous study

How to Apply